Each of these autonomous vehicles broadly require the following components to make it work:-
1. A rules based decision system (algorithms / logic etc.) which either sits on the a computational machine which is part of the autonomous guidance system
2. Direction beacon via Laser (LIDAR) or camera systems(Computer vision) or different types of sensors like GPS or indoor positioning something that helps generate a frame of reference
3. Database in the form of maps or annotated objects having a XYZ coordinates which is formed via LIDAR datasets or images
4. A large processing unit with a cooling system (the more the CPU/GPU the better the decision tree works)
5. Cloud computed backend server farms to help process the sensor data either automatically or manually (by persons or cartographers or big data engineers)
6. Mechanical systems like the car or the robot that can work on digital inputs based on computed decision tree via neural network or machine learning
All the above broad components have various specialized companies that operate in one or many or all parts of the value chain. We at SpincLabs focus on the database component of the value chain where we can execute the following for customers in the eco-system.
Working together on the daily requires each individual to let the greater good
of the team’s work surface above their own ego.